How much should I tithe?
We cannot tell you how much to tithe. However, “Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:7). We encourage Christians to go to God in diligent prayer to seek God’s wisdom and guidance as James 1:5 says: “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
Why should I tithe?
Tithes and offerings is an act of worship to God and a service to the body of Christ. It should be given joyfully with pure motives.
Tithing is also Biblical:
- Biblical stewardship is a generous response of loving obedience that constitutes an essential part of our worship of God (2 Corinthians 9:6–7)
- Tithing predates the Law of Moses (Genesis 14:20; 28:22; Hebrews 7:2) and is affirmed in the Old Testament (Numbers 18: 21–24) as well as in the New Testament (Luke 11:42)
- The Scripture equates failure to tithe with robbing God (Malachi 3:8)
- Christ affirmed the tithe (Matthew 23:23)
- Proportional giving of at least a tithe is expected by God throughout Scripture (Numbers 18:21–24; 1 Corinthians 16:1–2; Hebrews 7:2)
- Tithing is essential for Kingdom work through the local church and ministries around the world (1 Corinthians 9:13–14)
Donate by mail:
Make checks to “Watermark Fellowship Church” and send them to:
11548 Pipeline Ave
Chino, CA 91710